How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University. Look out for the Call for Applications for studies advertised here on our website or the Makerere News Portal or on our Social Network Pages. The call will be only open to first time undergraduate applicants.
Applicants must be accepted for a course of study at Makerere University before submitting an application for a The MasterCard Foundation scholarship.
In order to be considered for the The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University;
Both males and females are eligible. Applicants must be;
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Citizens and residents of all African countries.
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- Applying to study in the preferred fields of Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engeneering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.