Financial Assistance & Support
The transition from high school to university is challenging for all students but particularly so far international students who have to adjust to a new culture and possibly a new language, away from family and friends. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and Makerere University understand this and have developed a package of academic and personal support.
The Scholars will receive comprehensive support as listed below;
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptop, books and other learning materials
- Accommodation, bedding’s and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home.
- Psycho-social and mentor-ship support
- Capacity building training in leadership, communication, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, Gender and Human rights.