The Vice Chancellor, Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe assisted by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs) and Chairperson, Mastercard Foundation (MCF) Steering Committee-Dr. Umar Kakumba and MCF Scholars Program Coordinator-Dr. Justine Namaalwa presented awards to former members of the Steering Committee in recognition and appreciation of their diligent service.
Members recognised included;
- Dr. Ernest Okello Ogwang – Former Chairperson of the Steering Committee
- Dr. Aaron Mushengyezi – Former member of Steering Committee and Chairperson, Selection Sub-Committee
- Dr. Juma Kasozi – Former member of the Steering Committee and Selection Sub-Committee
- Mr. Cyriaco Kabagambe – Former member of the Steering Committee and Selection Sub-Committee
- Dr. Josephine Ahikire – Former member of Steering Committee and Selection Sub-Committee
Also recognised were former members of the MCF Secretariat namely;
- Dr. Florence Nakayiwa – Former Program Coordinator, MCF Scholars Program
- Mr. Paneah Asiimwe Baguma – Former Finance Manager, MCF Scholars Program
- Mr. Tito Okumu – Former MCF Scholars Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
- Ms. Diane Nabikolo Osiru – Former MCF Scholars Program Support Services and Welfare Officer
The award ceremony held on Saturday 19th December, 2020 at the Makerere University Guest House Gardens was attended by current members of the MCF Steering Committee.